Thursday, November 19, 2015

Where Have We Been Hiding?

As many of you noticed that we've haven't been on here in awhile. We missed each and every one of you and thank you for all emails and messages. There's so much to explain, but I will only share the basics of where we've been and what we've been doing.

Our local news station field trip!
First off, I wouldn't say it was a complete disaster, I would say it was a lesson learned. We had to downsize because of job loss, shortly before we began homeschooling, but too much was lost, just space was the issue. So, nothing too major, right, but when you go from a 5 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom mobile home, it can be a bit of a space shock for sure.

Our local tree farm field trip!
Then about 6-7 months in my husband was offered a job out of state that was so promising before moving there. Great news and at the same time it all taken away once we got down there. So, that was mind blowing for sure and we almost had to put our kids back in the public school system to dig ourselves out the mess we were in. Thankfully, that didn't happen and we decided to come back home.

Our homeschool co-op monthly skating get together!
Since being back, we've never been more blessed to be home and know it's meant for us to here. Sure the job market is scarce here right now, but the Lord had other plans for us when we got back. My husband is back to work and we've blessed in so many ways. We are apart of a really awesome field trip co-op group here in town and we all have made a lot of new friendships.

Christmas orchestra concert downtown!
So, you see what I mean, you never know what you have until you lose it all. From my experience, I definitely have learned that everything I need or want here and I feel I had to go through that to get where I am today. My best advice is to really listen to that voice because that's the Lord telling you what path to take.


No comments:

Post a Comment