Monday, May 13, 2013

Homefires (Papa's Pearls)-Review

 photo papaspearlslogo_zps7e410f29.jpg

A few weeks ago we had the opportunity to review Homefires, Papa's Pearls by Diane Flynn Keith. We received a physical copy of Papa's Pearl. However, this book doesn't have a recommend age group, but it was originally written for adults. This doesn't mean it's not appropriate for children because in my opinion, it would be great for children 10 and up. 

There's a lot to learn from Papa, Diane had written this book to share her Papa's Pearls of Wisdom that he had passed along over the years to his family. As I read along, I saw that he had touched so many lives. He also made me laugh at times, especially the swimming in the sewer. That really isn't mind over matter, but tell yourself to disagree in some situations it may work, just not for me. 

 photo papaspearls_zps509cd1df.jpg

After reading a few chapters, I thought it would make a great book report for my older children. So, they did just that. I also added a few questions to answer at the end of each chapter. the combination of the two assured me that they read the book. The book itself is full of lessons of its own that I thought my boys could benefit from. 

However, there aren't any picture in Papa's Pearls. So, for younger children this may not be the greatest story time book, with the exception of a few short portions that would be good to read to them. For example the swimming in the sewer might be fun for them, while teaching them one of Papa's Pearls

Diane has compiled 108 pages of her father's story. This book is a jaw dropping price at $14.97, but worth so much more. Papa's Pearls of Wisdom are the key to success, but it's applying those in your life is the hard part for some. Papa definitely walked the walk though-out his lifetime and wanted to make sure that everyone knows they are loved. 

 photo Disclaimer2_zpsff718028.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment